Head of Human Resources
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Human Resources will be responsible for developing and administering various human resources plans and procedures for all company employees. This will include managing and directing the day-to-day human resource functions including: performance management, employee relations, policies and procedures (e.g., handbook, etc.), investigations and dispute resolution, and assisting with talent acquisition and retention.
The Head of Human Resources will establish a strong advisory relationship with the Managing Director and the partners. The individual will identify and lead appropriate innovative approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in HR. The role requires a dynamic leader who wants to build an HR function in a highly-strategic, founder-led, and data-driven firm. Ideal candidates will possess an appropriate balance between the strategic and tactical aspects of HR, possess a can do attitude, and a willingness to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Build and oversee the HR function within Beghou Consulting.
- Operationalize cultural values and influence culture through leadership development, talent diversity, compensation, and recognition.
- Help nurture a healthy and vibrant culture across the firm, that promotes collaboration, intelligent discourse, and engaged leadership.
- Function as a trusted advisor to the leadership team on firm-wide strategic HR initiatives.
- Assist with talent recruitment, talent acquisition, workforce staffing, benefits, compensation and talent management efforts to ensure that the company is attracting, hiring, and retaining the best and the brightest.
- Assist in conducting an effective annual review process, including developing and facilitating appropriate follow-up, performance improvement plans, engagement surveys, etc.
- Establish credibility with leadership and employees throughout all levels of the firm in order to be an effective resource and problem solver for all HR issues.
- Foster commitment to diversity, equal employment opportunity, team building and development at all levels.
- Coach, develop, and grow the existing HR administrator.
- Maintain knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Develop and administer HR plans and initiatives as directed by the leadership team.
- Possess confidence and ability to lead culture and drive growth in a founder-led firm.
- Solid HR functional experience in the areas of talent acquisition, compensation, metrics, benefits and systems, organizational effectiveness, training, mentoring and leadership development to help bring solutions to business needs.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including comprehension, effective listening and negotiating skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including the Managing Director and leadership team.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills as demonstrated through the ability to recommend activities that continuously improve and enhance the work environment and results. Can use data to explore and find solutions.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities that requires strong project management and decision-making capabilities.
Professional & Cultural Characteristics
- Strong bias towards action— this individual will be productive in a self-directed role and have a go-getter attitude.
- Strong sense of purpose and confidence to address inconsistencies and challenge the status quo.
- Naturally analytic thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with ambiguity. Flexible and capable of operating effectively within a dynamic environment.
- Team-oriented consensus builder who understands how to achieve buy-in from diverse groups, build bridges, and design ‘win-win’ solutions.
- Strong work ethic. Pride in work.
- Strong organizational project and program management skills.
- Well-cultivated creative thinker and thought leader. Demonstrates intellectual curiosity with an ability to see around corners.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field required. Master’s degree, MBA, HR, I/O psychology or related business field preferred.
- 7-12 years of generalist or business partner experience within human resources.
- Knowledge of California, New York, and/or Illinois employment laws and best practices preferred.
- Proven ability to strategically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives. A sense of urgency and independent action are key.
- Hands-on ability to perform tasks themselves, from development through implementation.
- Demonstrated initiative in starting, managing and completing multiple concurrent projects.
- Exceptional presentation skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with leadership.