Effective date: 02/01/2020
This page informs you of our policies regarding the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when visiting the Site, and our practices for collection, use and disclosure of that data when you use our Service, and the choices and options you have with respect to how that data is used.
This policy DOES NOT apply to:
(1) information that we collect offline or on any other websites, including websites you may access through the Site; or
(2) information that you provide to or is collected by any third party.
Service means products and services offered on Beghou Consulting website operated by Beghou Consulting, Inc.
Personal Data means information about a living individual, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, cookies, any other information which we collect which is defined as personal information or personally identifiable information under an applicable law, or any other identifier by which a person may be contacted online or offline (or other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession). Personal Data may be entered when registering for the Service, when you communicate with us or when using the Site.
Usage Data is information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site. Usage
Data can be collected automatically, generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are files with small amounts of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and are stored on your computer or mobile device.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect, store and remember information you provide when you fill out a form. When filling out the form on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or resume and cover letter. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may use and store your Personal Data to improve the Service. We may send marketing emails (e.g. newsletters, etc.) to individuals who voluntarily provide their information via forms on the site. For instance, information entered into the “subscribe to our alerts” box at the bottom of the homepage or information entered into the form that users must fill out to read a white paper.
We may also collect Usage Data, which may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service with a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Use of Data
Beghou Consulting, Inc. uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To process your job information, you have submitted
- To send periodic emails
- To provide and maintain our Site and its contents to you
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
Protection of Data
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Database to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
Legal Basis and Purpose for Collecting and Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Legal Basis and Purpose for Collecting and Processing Personal Data under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Likewise, if you are a resident of California, you have certain data protection rights. Beghou Consulting, Inc. aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights by sending an email to email@example.com:
The right to update or delete the information we have on you.
Please contact us to update or delete your Personal Data in accordance with GDPR or CCPA, as applicable.
The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information corrected if that information is inaccurate. You have the right to complete any incomplete data, including by way of supplementing a corrective statement.
The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict processing your Personal Data, in which case we will store but not process your Personal Data.
The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format, which permits your further use. Alternatively, you may instruct us to transmit your Personal Data directly to another party.
The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent to having your Personal Data processed.
The right to erasure of Personal Data (the right to be forgotten). You have the right to obtain from us a written certification that we have erased your Personal Data.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. You have the right to complain to the relevant Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA) or State of California, as applicable.
Retention of Data
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there. For data originating from European Economic Area (EEA), data shall be transferred in accordance with GDPR.
Disclosure of Data
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Security of Data
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may request any changes to their information anytime by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site, manage the Site on our behalf, perform Site-related services or assist us in analyzing how our Site is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses non-personally identifiable, anonymized data collected by us to track and monitor the use of our Service. This non-personally identifiable, anonymized data is shared with other Google services.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) as we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our Site does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Child”, Children”). If you are under the age of 18, do not use the Site or provide any information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
1880 Oak Avenue, Suite 200
Evanston, IL 60201
Privacy Notice for California Residents
This Privacy Notice for California Residents applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (”consumers” or “you”). We adopt this notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Notice.
Information We Collect
Our Website collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (”personal information”).
In particular, our Website has collected the following categories of personal information from its consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Any categories of personal information listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law
- Commercial information
- Internet or other similar network activity
- Professional or employment-related information
- Inferences drawn from other personal information
- Personal information does not include publicly available information from government records, de-identified or aggregated consumer information, or information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, such as information covered by HIPAA, CMIA, or FCRA.
Sources of Information
Our Website obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use, or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a consultation or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry.
- To personalize your Website experience and to deliver content or offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted ads via e-mail (with your consent, where required by law).
- To help maintain the security of our Web site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Beghou’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Beghou is among the assets transferred.
- To provide services to Beghou’s clients
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Website, products, and services.
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products, and services.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose or share your personal information for valuable consideration, subject to your right to opt-out of such sharing.
When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Data aggregators.
- Our clients.
- Our affiliates.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Beghou has disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Commercial information.
- Internet or other similar network activity.
- Geolocation data.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Our Clients
- Our Affiliates
In the preceding twelve (12) months, Beghou has shared the following categories of personal information for valuable consideration:
- California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Commercial information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We share your personal information for valuable consideration to the following categories of third parties:
- Our clients
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Using the interactive form at https://beghouconsulting.com/disable-tracking/
- Emailing us at email@example.com.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative;
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
If you do not have an account with us, we will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Consumers who opt-in to personal information sharing may opt-out of future sharing at any time.
To exercise the right to opt-out, you (or your authorized representative) may submit a request to us by visiting the following Internet Web page link: https://beghouconsulting.com/disable-tracking/
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sharing.
You do not need to create an account with us to exercise your opt-out rights. We will only use personal information provided in an opt-out request to review and comply with the request.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Beghou Consulting, Inc., 1880 Oak Avenue, Suite 200, Evanston, IL 60201
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on the Website and update the notice’s effective date. Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Beghou collects and uses your information described here, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Interactive Form: https://beghouconsulting.com/disable-tracking/
Beghou Consulting, Inc.
1880 Oak Avenue, Suite 200, Evanston, IL 60201